We live in a world where there is an increasing tendency to reuse all kinds of things. Surely, throughout your life you have taken advantage of something you had at home to give it another type of use. One day someone had the brilliant idea of reusing a folding container house and revolutionizing the home sales sector. From that moment until today, container houses have evolved to become an option that is just as viable as a traditional home to live in. Knowing the main advantages and disadvantages of this architectural revolution may make you think about many things.
Container Houses: What Are Their Main Advantages?
Since containers began to be manufactured, apart from their main use, they have been reused to develop many other functions. The main reason for this is because of the versatility, mobility and resistance they offer. These three characteristics are ideal for modular construction and, in case you want to buy a house made of containers, you will be interested in knowing the following:
- They are very easy to transport.
- Its construction is much faster.
- Its cost is lower than traditional construction.
- They are sturdy and safe.
- It is a much more environmentally friendly purchase of houses.
- They offer a wide modular set to shape your home.
- As you can see, container houses have unique advantages which may be more than interesting to you.
Main Disadvantages Of Container Houses
Like everything, container houses also have their disadvantages. Let’s go with them:
- They are narrower in structure.
- It is necessary to adapt the architectural project to the dimensions relevant to the container.
- It is necessary to invest economically in the adaptation of the container as a home and to establish a structural reinforcement.
- On some occasions, new containers will have to be used, so their cost increases.
- It requires constant maintenance, especially in the face of corrosion.
How Much Can Container Homes Cost?
Buying a foldable container house to turn it into a home is a very tempting option because, without much thought, we can already deduce that they are much cheaper than undertaking a building project or buying a house or a second home.
But do you know the price of a house made of containers? First of all, you must bear in mind that the cost of this type of housing is mainly given by the expenses that occur when having to condition it and convert it into a habitable home. This cost to make the container a home can be between 1,500 and 3,500 euros, depending on the dimensions of the container.
Even so, you will have to keep in mind that this is a project in which you will have to invest a lot of effort and dedication and put yourself in the shoes of an architect and an interior designer to make your house look like the ones that appear on the covers of magazines.
Who Are The Most Interested In Acquiring This Type Of Housing?
Houses made with containers house have been very successful in recent years in various parts of the world. Among these people who have been interested in acquiring a house with these characteristics, those who are more concerned about caring for the environment and with a nomadic lifestyle stand out. These types of targets are usually made up of young people and people less than 50 years of age.
Now you know the main advantages and disadvantages of this type of house. You may have completely fallen in love and want to live in one of them or, on the contrary, you believe that it is not an option for you. Be that as it may, at prefab-house we want you to find your ideal home and for this you need to consider all your options. That is why we encourage you to take a look at our homes for sale. You may find the home where you have always wanted to live.